CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Here I am Sitting by This cComputer

O.K. Here I am sitting by this computer, I have dishes to do, Dave to take to the hospital for his Back Surgery and I'm sitting here trying to begin the wonderful world of blogging, I am not as clever as Jen with her blog,as enlightening as Mel and her blog,as creative as Resa with her blog, as sweet as Michelle and her blog,or as prophetic as Sparky (that's Karen Lindmark) for those who don't know her code name. Since I am not any of these things (yet) I can be hopeful can't I ? I am the oldest so I'm something. Where do I begin? On Wednesday 5/21/08 I turned 57 years old,Can that be possible ? I don't feel 57. I certainly don't act 57. Yes I DO look 57, I have angel hair. I have aches and pains. My body tells me when there's rain a foot. Have I painted a good picture for you?? Good!!! I like to use lots of exclamation points because that's how I feel. Everythings important !! Life is Good !!!

That reminds me ,back to my birthday !! I met with my friends at Sparky's house (Karen) Spunky was there too!! Aha, you don't know who Spunky is yet? That's Glenda !! We cropped , That's scrapbooking. I worked on a two page spread for Paige's " Spring Fling" at her pre-school.

Am I Capitalizing too many words? Oh well, get over it, it's my first blog. What do you want Prefection?? Then don't look here, you ain't gonna get it. We went to lunch at Applebees. I was good, I had the Cajun Tilapia only 6 points ,thank you very much. Then the chocolate raspberry cake only 4 points. Sparky and Spunky weren't as good as I was, BUT I was the only one who had dessert, by the way I ate every bit of my 4 points, I just about licked the plate to remove the raspberry sauce, I showed restraint I did not lick the plate merely the SPOON !!!
My friends ordered me a Cricut cartridge, Paper Dolls!! are we going to have fun or what!!! It won't be here for maybe another month but oh baby!! Sparky also gave me a plaque, is that spelled right? It says "Life is Good...enjoy the little things" and I do, Kelly, Paige, Tommy and Preston, W.W. points, brads, buttons, etc. I could go on forever you know.

I also rec'd designer eyelets and snaps. Spunky gave me wonderful paper packs, stickers,and ribbon for my pages. I am excited!! I have great friends and they made my day.

I will be putting pictures of my babies and my scrapbooking when I remember what Sparky taught me. Enough for now. I don't want your brains to Explode. I love you all!! Comment on this so I know you care, really care. How's that for guilt? I'm the Queen !!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'll try again and I'll use spell check too. On the previous post I said I wanted to be the first to comment. I am so proud of you for blogging. I will teach you how to spell check and add pictures, Yay!!! Are we having fun or what!!!! No misspelled words this time!!!

Anonymous said...

You are the Queen!!!!

The Wehrmeister's said...

Did that take you about 2 years to type or what? Or did you have Dad type it? Because if you typed it I'm sure you pulled an all nighter.

Berrett's said...

Jen's mom!!! How ARE you??? This is Tina, Jen's friend...I came out for her wedding, from college...blah blah. :) I'm so excited you started a blog! Good work!!! Hope you are doing well!!!

Love,
Tina

Snow Whiteley said...

Congratulations on creating a blog! You are right about many things, but I must say that I think this blog is creative and enlightening and clever and sweet--Just like you!

Love ya bunches!

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is Lisa Weaver!! Hopefully you remember me...I am Jennifer Edwards twin that ended up getting married and moving west with my husband. Just letting you know that I am reading your blog and I am now officially the last one on earth who doesnt blog. I'm pretty proud of that.
Lisa

The Pagets in Florida said...

Happy birthday. You probably earned each one of those angel-hairs. Glad to hear you are still willing to put Jenny in her place. Keep up the blogging.

Rebecca said...

Hey Jen's mom,

It's Rebecca, her KC friend turned St. Louisan. Congrats on starting a blog and I thought you did a nice job with your first entry. Keep it up!

Heidi said...

Wow! I love the blog, and I love Jen's introduction of it on her blog. That's where I got the link. I'll be waiting for the next update!

Anonymous said...

Look at you! So hi tech and up to date... I'm still running on dial-up internet... I think you might pass me up and soon I'll be calling you for computer advice.