CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Totally toasted apple brats

Well, I really almost did it today !!Larry went home teaching with Ed Parks after church today. He was kind enough to start the grill for me. I thought I would try to get everything together while Larry was gone.Big mistake !! I went done to put the par-boiled brats on the grill,came back about 7 min. later and POW !!! Flambe,that's o.k. for some very special desserts,not o.k.for brats. I cooked about 18 of them,only 7 were edible.I couldn't get the high flames to go out,even after turning the grill completely off !! There was so much smoke and flames I could hardly see !!Just then the fire sirens went off down the block.I thought for sure the engines were coming to MY house . Oh happy day,they passed me. On the bright side, I probably won't get to use the grill again for a couple of years . I bet I'm grounded.

8 comments:

Karen said...

always keep a spray bottle of water by the grill for those flames.....
always stay with grill.....
or just let Larry cook on the grill............

Amy said...

Good job. We all know you did it on purpose so Larry wouldn't "let" you near the grill anymore:0)

Nonnie said...

Yes Karen,this is something I know, I just didn't take it down with me. :0)

Nonnie said...

Amy, there just might be a little truth in that, Huh?

Crystal and Billy said...

That sounds like something I would do. We should never grill together - at least without supervision. :)

KJA said...

I'm so shocked that you have a blog! Mouth-wide-open shocked!

KJA said...

waiting for a new post!

Crystal and Billy said...

Ronnie - Don't forget about me. When are you coming over?

Crystal Hunter