CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

We have a new roof...Almost

Have I told you today? Life is Good !! I have a husband who loves me enough to wake up at 4:00 a.m. to drive me to the mega-bus ,down at Union Station. That way I can go on a field trip with Paige to the grocery store. I leave here tues 11/18 at 5:15 a.m. ,arrive in K.C. at 10:30 a.m. just in time for our Hyvee field trip. Oh, the things I will learn !! It's a good thing though, because then on Wed. I will drive back to St.Louis with Jen and her merry band of assorted toddlers, and even a first grader.

Oh! Wasn't I going to tell you about my roof ? This wed. Joe and Travis started on our roof.It is just wonderful !! I picked out a grey brown color that you are all supposed to OH and Ah over. Don't forget !!
All was going well until the weather decided not to cooperate. They worked long into the night with lights on their heads on thurs, only to have it rain on friday. The tarp is back on the roof.Saturday was rainy and cold.Monday will be a brand new day !!A full roof day !! (hopefully) :)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for the new roof!

Nonnie said...

I know !! It's been a long time coming !!

Joann  Winton said...

Oh my, that was unfortunate. The same thing happened to us when we were having our roofs refurbished. Roofing jobs could take an entire day to finish, so we always make sure we pick a sunny day to get our roof done.

Lino Kosters said...

We can never control the rain. Rain falls whenever it wants! Summer is the best time to do roofing repairs and you can be sure that it’s less likely to rain, day and night.

Lenore Lung said...

Like Lino, we also do our roof maintenance/repair during the summer while the sun is up and the chance of rain is zero. Working without any distractions will help you finish your job faster and smoother.